Family

Family

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Water and no power!

We have had two days of rain, and more than just a sprinkle. It was so nice, and it cooled us off a bit. I guess because of that the city sent water in, so hopefully they will send in more. Our grass already seems to be growing up through the dirt. I also have lots of sprouts in our garden. I'm praying for more rain!
Today, the electric company came by and shut off our power. I guess the bill was due yesterday, although we never received it (which isn't uncommon). If I had realized what they were doing I probably could have stopped them by giving them a tip and going to pay it immediately. But I didn't catch it until it was too late, so I had to drop everything and go pay in hopes that they would turn it back on today. Thankfully they did, at 4:30 (5 is quitting time!). After I told Joy about it, she realized that they had turned hers off too. What makes this so frustrating is that there are so many people in this country that don't pay anything and get power, but we are one day late and they cut ours off, even though we pay every month! I guess it's easy to take for granted, receiving your bills and having the option of paying them online, through the mail or on the phone. Wow, that seems so easy. :) I love it here, but sometimes I get frustrated with the way things are run, or not run.

No comments:

Post a Comment