Sunday, May 29, 2011

I know, it's been a while!

I know, it has been so long since I posted anything on here. I have an excuse, I mean reason. :) First we have been having internet problems for 3 weeks or more. It got worse and worse. We had to call our provider almost every other day for those three weeks and they finally sent someone out Friday. There was a wire outside that was messed up, so he fixed it. We have been so busy, that I'm not sure I can remember every thing to bring ya'll up to date. I will do my best.
Jesse went to the ear doctor, had some tests, and just had his follow up appointment. The test showed that something wasn't right with his middle ear or ear drum (the doctor really didn't explain it) but he said that Jesse doesn't need tubes, he just put him on a decongestant for 3 weeks. I am very doubtful that this will work since we have tried this before. I am very frustrated but can't do anything about it at this point. I might try to take him to an ear doctor while we are in the States. If anyone knows of a good one, let me know please.
We spent 3 hours one day at the U.S. Embassy renewing our passports. Now we are waiting for them to be delivered. Then another day we spent an hour and the Canadian Embassy renewing our Canadian passports. We have to go back and pick them up in a few weeks. Thankfully that is all done! ($600 later) The Canadian Embassy was so nice, we got to sit in a private, air conditioned waiting room, but when I paid and they didn't have change, I knew I was still in the DR. :) Nobody here ever has change. The U.S. Embassy was hot, crowded and no special treatment for Americans!
The Coupes have been here helping us while the Wessons are gone. Krista and Mrs. Coupe painted 50 butterflies for us to give away today for Mother's Day. I am pretty sure they will be dreaming about butterflies for a while. I baked cookie bars yesterday to serve to eveyone after the service this morning. I only had 140 and I could tell it wasn't going to be enough after I did a quick count. So we had to send someone to the store to buy some cookies to use for the kids.  We had almost 200 people there, 75 (or more) of them were mothers. Many of them were visitors. We also had one saved today. I had to teach Jr Church (since Stu was preaching) and it was chaotic!!! It was very hot and humid today, so I was drenched by the time I got home. It was a good morning, but I'm glad it's over. :)
My brother's wife, Leigh, was taken in for an emergency c section Friday. They already knew the baby had some problems and were going to take her early and take her right into surgery. But because of some problems they had to take her earlier than planned. Carleigh Ann was 4lbs 6 oz. Her intestines were growing on the outside of her stomach and they were assuming they would have to do several surgeries to repair it. They were able to do it all in one surgery. She seems to be doing very well. Leigh was getting ready to go see her on Saturday and had a seizure so she is now not allowed to leave the hospital for another couple of days. Please pray for all of them. Craig, Leigh and Carleigh.  Thanks! I will attach a picture of her.
I think that is all for now. I will try to update more often now that our internet is back.

1 comment:

  1. What a precious little bundle. Praying for the family. You will be able to see her when you come. Every day brings you closer to us. Lv, Om