Family

Family

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

planting a garden

Our Back Yard

My little garden

Extra garden space between the trees

Front yard

Other side of the front yard
Stu finished moving the dirt this morning, so right after lunch me and the girls started planting the garden. We have one little garden space and then there are spaces in between the trees along the walls. We planted tomatoes, lettuce, cauliflower, green beans, okra, squash, zucchini and cucumbers. I just wish I had some jalapeno seeds. I haven't found any hot peppers here yet. It's hard to make salsa with green peppers, just not enough zing! Although Stu likes it better that way. Speaking of HOT, I was so excited to find Hot Fries at the store yesterday. I bought me a bag to enjoy and I'm not sharing. If only I had a Dr Pepper to go along with them. Also on the subject of hot, it is starting to heat up around here and the humidity is going up. It's not unbearable yet, but summer is coming. The last few months were very cool at night, but now Stu is considering if it is possible for us to get an air conditioner for one room. I don't mind the heat, but I could do without the humidity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment