Thursday, December 5, 2013


We have been doing a lot of catching up since we got home from the hospital so I have not had time to post anything. Stu was released from the hospital on the evening of October 22nd. We didn't have our car there, so we were going to call a taxi. BUT GOD....sent an angel. :) Our neighbor showed up just as we finished getting everything together and he drove us home. What a blessing it was not to have to ride in a taxi. Stu had to stay at home for a week, taking it easy until his follow up visits. It was hard to keep him still! He answered the phone one day and it was for me. I was outside taking care of something and he called out the window of the office that it was for me. I picked up the phone as he was walking back to the bedroom (I was downstairs and he was upstairs) and heard a crash! Well, I was very jumpy still because of the accident so I threw the phone down and took off running upstairs (stubbed my pinky toe on the way). I found him laying on the floor in the hall. He had tripped and was not able to catch himself. I got him up and back into bed and told him for my heart's sake to please stay there! The next morning I was in the kitchen with Juls and I was looking at something on her back when her head went down on the microwave. I asked her what she was doing and then her head went up and banged back down on the microwave so I grabbed her arms to turn her around to see what was going on and she went limp. Thankfully I was able to lay her down on the floor. At first I thought she was having a seizure but quickly realized she had passed out. As I was telling Stu about it a little bit later, I finally lost it and started crying. I guess the stress of everything had finally gotten to me. I did take her to the doctor and her heart rate was slower than normal and a bit off but the doctor thinks it was post traumatic stress since she had helped me take Stu to the clinic after the accident. She seems ok now. Stu was cleared by all the doctors and is doing better but is still having a few problems. He is still having headaches, but not as many, and still has some jaw pain. His short term memory is VERY SHORT, worse than before. He also has problems getting what he is trying to say to come out right. And he can't focus well when there is a lot of noise or a lot of different things going on at once.
 Please keep praying that these things will get better quickly, especially since his load is about to double. The Wessons are leaving for a 6 month furlough on Tuesday. Please keep me in your prayers to as I will have to start driving the Wednesday night route and it is not a safe time of the year to be out on the roads after dark.
Seth took up the offering in church for the first time ever. When Bro. Josh called him name, he looked up with such surprise on his face and all the people went, "ahhhh". :) Stu was up front in a classroom with a sick headache, trying to get ready for his class, so he missed it.
We have also been fighting a war the last month. We have been overrun by biting ants. They are everywhere!!! They have even been in our beds. For some reason they like to bite Jesse's eyelids, so he wakes up with swollen eyes for a few days. We have sprayed and put out every kind of poison possible but we still have them. They disappear from one room and show up in another. Then we realized that we have rats again too. Stu got one with his hockey stick and we got two more with poison. I just want to be able to go in my kitchen to cook and not have ants or rats joining me! Jesse is scared to go downstairs by himself because of the rats. If anyone has any suggestions for me, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment